Did you see our mayor on the Today Show this morning? Al Roker was in Galveston as a follow-up, now that it's been six weeks after Ike. I’ve been telling those who ask that I thought it would take two years for Galveston Island to recover. This morning Lyda Ann Thomas, our mayor, was asked the question. She estimated it would take five. Not really the psychological upper I needed today.
Yesterday was filled with vehicular bummers as well.
My drowned motorcycle is off-loaded at Stubbs Harley Davidson where it will get its chance to pass muster for storm rehab. (No one there would even venture an estimate on what this is going to cost.)
My nephew’s pickup, which I’ve borrowed and is my only remaining motorized transportation, broke down at Home Depot a few hours later. Looks like it's a combination of a failing fuel pump and some gas with water in it. About $400 plus 2-3 days in the shop.
With Kathy out of town, I’m down to my tRUSTY bicycle.
1 comment:
Thank you for this blog...it not only helps me keep up with what is going on over there, but it is also serves as a daily reminder of how fortunate we are. I love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment